Beijing is China’s second largest city, after Shanghai. It is a major transportation center, with dozens of railways, roads and motorways passing through the city. The city will host the 2008 Summer Olympics, to improve the heavy traffic during rush hour; public transportation and intelligent traffic system are often introduced in nearly all metropolitans. For intelligent traffic system, it requires Ethernet redundant mechanism, RS-232/422 to Ethernet converter to remote control traffic light and other traffic sign/ display.
Fiber converters becomes a must since the remote control traffic light maybe located tens of kilometers apart. In the diagram below, each circle represents 4 sets of traffic light from 4 intersections, and the traffic information is collected and transmitted back to the traffic control center instantly through the JetCon2301’s Fiber connection. JetPort/JetCon Series is the best combination for the traffic control application operating under harsh environment. Connecting the JetPort 5601 to the traffic light controller and link to the JetNet 4508f through Ethernet then report those signals to the control center. By using this network architecture demonstrated in the picture, it provides Ethernet Ring redundant solution assuring a non-stop data transmitting to the traffic control system. Fiber module in single mode of the JetNet 4508f extends the network connectivity.
- JetNet 4508f Industrial 8-port Managed Fiber Ethernet Rail Switch
- JetCon 2301 Industrial Fast Ethernet to Fiber Media Converter
- JetPort 5601 Industrial 1-port RS 232 /422/485 Redundant Serial Device Server
- Reliable - JetNet 4508f provides Super Ring technology-back up system recovery time is less than 20ms, Dual Homing and Couple Ring.
- Easy Maintenance - JetCon 2301 features remote Link Loss Forwarding (LLF) technology which provides remote link down signal forwarding and acknowledging link events.
- 3-in-1 Serial Configuration - JetPort 5601 serial port supports RS-232/422, 2/4 wire RS485